The 2020 Mayors Conference on Entrepreneurship is Going Virtual
We are excited to announce that the new dates for the 2020 Mayors Virtual Conference will be September 17-18, 2020, with a Virtual Kickoff Event taking place on July 1st, 2020.
Given the still unfolding pandemic, this year’s Conference will look different than it ever has before. Not only will we be discussing new and relevant content, we’ll be exploring a different way to connect.
Virtual collaboration is nothing new in the modern world, but because we understand the incredibly important call to action that we’re all faced with now, we must approach a virtual convening with clear goals and a hunger for change.
Growing Sustainable Communities Through Entrepreneurship.
Why Mayors? Why 2020?
What is the Mayors Conference and why is it important?
The Mayors Conference on Entrepreneurship brings together mayors who are interested in growing local economies through entrepreneurship. It provides a set of programs, policies, and practices to communities looking to build sustainable growth through entrepreneurship.
The economic crises will be felt most severely at the local level. If help does come, it will not be sufficient to pull communities out of the economic downturn. Marshalling local assets, entrepreneurs, institutions, and people is the only path to rebuilding a more inclusive and robust local economy. This conference will provide different programs, policies, and practices you can use to begin that process.
Entrepreneurship thrives on the conditions in local communities. By connecting people and resources, communities may create an environment that supports those looking to start and grow businesses. Mayors and those who build entrepreneurial ecosystems must work together to build these connections.
What should I expect from the 2020 conference?
Attendees at the 2020 Mayors Conference will select a program, policy, or practice and commit to implement that initiative in their community in the coming year. Expect to work through the steps to make your initiative a reality by learning from experts in the field, working with small groups, and connecting with other resources in your region.
We’ve worked to solidify our cumulative learnings into documents, processes, and initiatives that can be shared and used to improve your local communities. Each commitment is measurable and results oriented. By taking on an initiative, you will make concrete improvements to your local entrepreneurial ecosystem, which you can share and promote within your city or town.
What will you be doing?
As a registered attendee of the Mayors Conference, you will:
- Select one initiative to implement in your local community.
- Attend a Virtual Kickoff Event on July 1, 2020
- Attend the Mayors Conference on Entrepreneurship September 17-18, 2020 to collaborate with other Mayors, city officials and program experts
- Learn what resources can be accessed in support of fulfilling your commitment.
- Gain a better understanding of the role these initiatives play in your community and the role of entrepreneurship in economic development.
- Learn how to support entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders in your community.
- Identify existing relationships to help build entrepreneurial ecosystems and grow business in your community.
- Learn what success for your community looks like.
- Connect regionally with those who can partner with you on making your initiative a reality.
- Leverage entrepreneurship programs and resources to boost your ecosystem.
Why Should You Attend?
Need to see more?
In years past, we have increased awareness of ecosystem building and its role in building entrepreneurship and growing local communities.